Friday, March 5, 2010

It's Friday...

I do realize that most people get off of work on Fridays, and they're ready to break loose. I am definitely NOT one of those people. My normal bedtime is 8-8:30 pm; I've always been a sleeper, and that hasn't changed. On Fridays, I will go to bed at 7-7:30 if I can get away with it. You can call me a loser, but frankly, I don't care.
For any non-educator out there, it's so important to know the amount of energy teachers put into a day. We don't have time to pee let alone make a phone call. Teachers go hard or go home. You don't make it at a teacher's lunch if you can't get in at least three gut-wrenching jokes at the lunch table while shoveling a styrofoam cup of mashed potatoes with mystery meat, then make a stop at the principal's candy bowl on the way to your mailbox, have a quick chat with a colleague about a kiddo, walk across the building, and respond to an email all in 10 minutes. It's an art. You either love it or hate it. Thankfully, I love it, and that's just lunch.
So, with that I'm going home to hug my daughter and catch up with my husband, eat a bowl of cereal, and pass out on the couch. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers