Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Still Don't Get It

I have heard all of the arguments about why we set the clocks back in the fall and forward in the spring, but frankly, I still don't get it. Is there some kind of conspiracy? I know someone's gotta be making money off this thing. If it's all a wash anyway when you finish the year, then what's the freaking difference?
I grew up on the east coast, and they follow the fall back/spring forward, but I still didn't get it. Ok, so we have more light in the spring at night, but I could care less; the sun is up until like 9 pm anyway. I feel a twang of guilt putting my kid to bed when the sun is up. I mean, she does have a reason to feel confused and bitter about it. The good mom I am, I just closed the blinds and told her how cool it was that she didn't need her nightlight now. I tried.
When Steve and I first met, Indiana didn't follow the messing w/ the clocks craziness, and I thought it was kind of cool. I respected Indiana for taking a stand, but they caved, and I think that stinks.
So, my colleagues and I walk around a bit dazed and confused, as I'm sure all of you are. Our hallway talk is about how it's gonna take us all at least a week for our bodies to get used to this time change. It's like causing unnecessary drama; making everyone do something that does not HAVE to be done to keep the earth spinning on its axis. We all will survive if we don't mess with the clocks.
That's all I have to say about that. I'm done ranting.
Love,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers