Thursday, June 10, 2010

Week 2: Day 4

My guilty pleasure over the summer is to watch So You Think You Can Dance.  Those dancers are so amazing; it definitely brings me back to my glory days dancing in the city.  As much as I loved dancing, I hated the life of a dancer.  It wasn't for me.  I loved going from class to class at Steps, but I hated hated hated the auditioning process.  I just didn't fit the type, ever.  I always felt out of place, and didn't know if the choreographers wanted me to dance it my way and see my personality or their way.  It was tough.  Also, growing up without knowing if the bottom was going to drop at any moment, I couldn't handle not having any stability.  I think any starving artist gets really good at waiting tables, and Lord knows that I'm THE WORST waitress ever.  The whole lifestyle didn't suit me.  It was great while I was a teenager and didn't have to worry about bills, etc.  But as an adult, it was the most uncomfortable thing ever.  I'm glad I had the time to explore it because now I know for sure.  My dream was to be discovered immediately and not have to worry about the down time in between jobs, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  Most people have to pave the road for awhile, especially in between jobs.  Everything happens for a reason, that's for sure.  I was meant to have Steve, Alex, and soon TJ (by the way, we're #6 on the list!).  I was meant to be a teacher and use the gifts that I've been given in a classroom.  This I know for sure.  All in all, I love to watch this show anyway because these people are beautiful, and as any dancer knows, it's about heart.  I get this and love to watch it through they eyes of a dancer, again.
On the other hand, Alex and I slept in until 9:30 today, which we cannot make a habit.  There's much to do, and I'm behind already.  I didn't get to jazzercise, so I'll have to walk/run it off later.  Also, I have four centers to work on for compare and contrast.  I love putting all this together and pretty much creating my own curriculum with my vision for this class.  It's awesome.
On another note, I went to the doctor for my feet.  She didn't want to do the cortizone shots because they break down the fatty tissue to cushion your feet.  I agree with this.  So, she sent me to the chiropractor to do some laser therapy, which at first thought worked, but it hurt all the same about an hour later.  I don't think I'll continue down this route.  Instead, I've opted to go to the podiatrist in a week and a half to possibly get fitted for orthodics.  Also, I'm gonna start swimming laps again a few times a week to get off my feet.
I'm reading How I Live Now as recommended by Carolyn the Librarian.  It's kind of weird.  I'm not really down with the whole kissing cousins thing, and therefore I kind of want to put it down.  I'll see how it goes today.
That's all I got; peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers