Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 3 of Summer Vacation

On the agenda:
1. Jazzercise: Alex is coming with me this morning; she's already dressed in her dance outfit for her mini "recital." I'm praying my feet don't kill me during class this morning.
2. Lunch: I am going full on vegan starting today. What's really pathetic is that I realized that I could do it when I discovered that my favorite coffee cream is actually non dairy.
3. I would love to finish readingCommencement (Vintage Contemporaries). It's so good and really reminds me of my relationship with my mom.
I'm not sure how I feel about how the girls hold one another to this crazy standard without giving one another room to breathe and find their identities outside of one another. My mom and I are struggling with this right now. Apparently, I'm a little disappointing to her. I see this happening with these girls as well; it's eerie. I think it's important to allow people to discover new dreams and live out their ideals through the breath of each day. Each moment and each choice is a part of all this coming together. One must allow people to weave and paint their picture in their own style.
God knows what this canvas looks like from a far. He has the perspective, and it's not for others to assume that they know what this big picture looks like, because honestly, they don't have the power to know how it will all turn out... and that's all I have to say about that. We'll see in the end what the author's perspective is on this.
4. Swim practice for Alex.
5. On a side note, there are a few kids who were caught cheating in my school district and now it's all over the media. I am praying that these parents are not making excuses for their kids just so they don't have to suffer the consequences. If as teachers we don't stand up for what's right, then who will. It annoys me to see bitter parents who make excuses for their kids. This is the downfall of society, parents who pass along the idea of entitlement to their children. It's time to get over it and face the music and dance.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers