Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Week 2: Day 3

Jeez a louise! Alex woke up in the middle night with an asthma attack; here we go again. I hope this bout will be a short one. Girlfriend is ready to get this show on the road. Keep her in your prayers.
Today I have a doctor's appointment for my feet, and I'm not dodging this one. I'm actually hoping they give me a cortisone shot.
I'm also working on a my centers for cause and effect. I'm glad I have the summer to do this because it's a lot of work. I know it will be worth it in the end.
For the past two days I've been listening to my favorite radio station: K-Love. Jars of Clay has been raising money for a cause they feel very close to: access to clean water for people in Africa. The link to their cause is http://www.bloodwatermission.com/. They are raising money to build wells for villages in Africa. They've been informing listeners over the radio of how they've seen people dig holes in the dirt and put their head in there in order to get a drink of dirty water, and of people walking for miles to get a few gallons of water. I believe in this mission, and I encourage you to check out the link. I also learned that 1 American dollar can provide clean water for one person in Africa for an entire year. It's unbelievable the access that we have to something we take for granted everyday, me included.
They continued to talk about how people have challenged them by asking why they aren't doing something for people here in America, like New Orleans, etc. It's a valid question, and I've been asked it myself about our adoption. Like Jars of Clay, when we looked at adoption my heart was immediately drawn to the children of Africa. There was a joy and excitement that was in my heart, and I felt convicted that my baby was there. It's not everyone's calling, and I understand that, but it's mine. Just as we all have different interests and passions, it's the same in this situation.
I respect everyone's calling, wherever and whatever it is. Just follow your passion. Pray for God to lead you where you're supposed to be. Keep your heart open; you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers