Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We have been home for four days now; four blissful days.  I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to have both of my kiddos together, in one place, finally.  Jesse Getiso Craig has been an absolute dream boat.  He smiles, laughs, eats, sleeps; he's even on a schedule.  I remember one of my sleepless nights in Ethiopia last week stressing about Jesse's days and nights being flipped when we got back to the states...not my man!
Alex is the best big sister, and Jesse can't get enough of her!  She loves to hold him, watch him, play with him, and he thinks she's the best think ever.  Unfortunately, Alex came down with some kind of stomach flu this evening, and I'm praying that I didn't bring something back from Africa to make her ill.  She's sleeping now, and I hope she wakes up as her spunky self.
I wish I had more to say, but I feel like I'm floating on cloud nine; I'm so grateful to be here, right now.  I'm just so incredibly grateful to all of our friends and family who have surrounded us with love and prayers through these two years to bring home our boy.  I'm grateful for our Alex, who through thick and thin, has stuck with us.  I'm thankful for the friends who have called me since we've been home to see if Alex would like to hang out, so she's not too bored cocooning!
Father God,
I can't help but to rejoice and be grateful for all of You've done.  We are celebrating and giving You all of the glory.  These past two years have been quite a ride, and I know that You were guiding us every step of the way.  Thank You.  Please bless my children and help Steve and I to be the best parents for them.  Help us to be humble, to listen for Your Spirit, and love as Your Son loves us.  Help us to be good friends as our friends have been for us.  Lord, please be with our new friends who traveled with us to Ethiopia to bring our children home.  Please be with the children and families who are not yet united and those who are newly united, forming those amazing bonds.  Thank You, Lord, for places like Hannah's Hope, who has loved my baby and so many others until I got there; they are angels, Lord and please continue to bless their ministry in the face of so much adversity.  You are amazing, Lord.  Thank You, thank You, thank You.
In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers