Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the Little Things

So, here I am sitting at the kitchen table suffering with Alex doing double digit addition.  She almost threw a conniption fit about thirty seconds ago when she realized she had to do the back of the paper too.  I actually smiled when she did this because I felt peace.  I'm not saying that I feel good that my kid was going to throw a fit, but I'm glad she's just being her.
I am humbled by the hugs, words of encouragement, and love that so many have given us.  I went back to work today, and although it was tough, it was the best thing I could do.  Within twenty minutes, I was glad to be there.  I was thankful to have to tell a kid to pull his pants up.  I was humbled to receive hugs in the halls from colleagues.  I was quiet, but grateful for my job, my community, my friends, my students, and now I'm grateful for my whining daughter who may hate math as much as I do.
It was great to write emails, take attendance, read Eleven with my kiddos, and even great to grade late projects.  It feels good to move and to be useful.
Thank you to everyone for your love, prayers, and thoughtfulness.  I am sincerely humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers