Monday, May 30, 2011

Don't be mad!

I cannot tell you how excited Steve, Alex, and I are to bring home our Jesse Getiso along with all of you, our friends and family, which we couldn't have done without you.  Steve and I have been discussing attachment and bonding A LOT.  We have been highly encouraged by both our agency and friends who have adopted to seriously take three months and "cocoon."
What does this mean?  Well, it means that we will be lying low for awhile to give Jesse and us time to simply be a family and for him to learn who his mommy and daddy are.  Along with this, we've been advised that the only people who should hold him for this time period is Steve, Alex, and I, so he gets used to who his immediate family is.  Steve and I are the only ones who will be feeding and bathing him as well.
I know this may sound extreme to some, and I'm so sorry.  Steve and I love you guys so much, but we have one shot to do this right.  We love this little boy so much that we don't want to confuse him; we want to take this time to be the mommy and daddy that he needs.  He has lived in three different places, with three different sets of people in his short little life so far.  We will be his fourth and final, and it's so important to us that we have this time with him to attach to us as his mommy and daddy.
Now don't get me wrong, it's not like we won't be out and about.  We all know what a busy, busy girl we have!  I just wanted you to know that if Jesse is with me, he'll be in my arms, and he'll stay there during our first few months home, and I mean that with all the love in my heart.  We would love visitors, but again, Jesse will be close to Steve, Alex, and I.
Everyone knows that I HATE to be a "Debbie Downer."  I just wanted you to know how it's gonna roll.  This little boy, along with Alex, is priority.  I know you all would understand.  I just wanted to be able to communicate that with you.  Please know how much we love you as friends and family!
On another note, I have to tell you all that my husband is my hero.  He has been my rock, especially since we got home from Ethiopia.  We are both in "nesting" mode, but he is doing so much for me.  I love you, honey.  You are the bomb!
Happy Memorial Day, friends!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers